Opportunity to work with us
School of Hope Foundation – St. Aloysius Gonzaga High School, Nairobi, Kenya
Position Title: Advancement Director
Reports to: School of Hope Foundation Board Chair
The School of Hope Foundation is a U.S. based, 501C-3 non-profit organisation. Established by the Midwest Provincial Office of the Jesuits, the foundation’s mission is to support the fundraising and communication to the donors and friends of St. Aloysius Gonzaga High School, Nairobi Kenya – the world’s 1st high school for AIDS orphans and vulnerable children.
St. Aloysius opened its doors in January of 2004 in the slums of Kibera, Nairobi and now provides tuition free education to over 300 high school students and over 200 graduates in the Graduate Service Program, college and university studies.
This position can be envisioned in almost any location in the U.S. and ideally will begin as part time with the hope of growing to a full time fundraising position.
Coordinates and facilitates advancement services, prospect and donor development and stewardship, stakeholder and Board of Directors relations, communications, publications, social media, research and other assignments as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.
- Collaborates with of the Board to establish strategy and goals to increase private support to the School of Hope Foundation.
- Acts as a liaison to the Board of Directors by scheduling and planning board meetings, provides meeting notice, preparing agenda in conjunction with the Board Chair. Maintains and updates the board and foundation’s by-laws.
- Supports Board member’s fundraising activities including coordinating personal solicitation and prospects, volunteers and Identifies potential contributions by researching individual donors, foundations and corporations. Submits prospect recommendations and participates in the cultivation of gift prospects when appropriate.as appropriate.
- Report to Board on major, planned , corporate and foundation gifts. Provides the Board detailed monthly gift reports that include targeted donor gifts. Responsible for tracking of all endowments, scholarships and the student sponsorship program.
- Coordinates timely and accurate donor gift receipts to donors, as well as benchmarks and reports on gift receipting production in accordance with IRS and CASE (Counsel for Advancement and Support of Education) standards.
- Manages the School of Hope Advancement office special events, prospect management, donor recognition, donor stewardship and other related activities. Including development and foundation research, data base management, donor history and financial reports.
- Directs and maintains a comprehensive and accurate fundraising data base. Files include past and prospective donors. Serves as part of the web development team and assists with the development of necessary web pages for several areas. Responsible for the integration of all social media and communications.
- This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned by the Chair of the Board, including decision making responsibilities as appropriate in her absence to maintain operations and services at a high level performance.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a bachelor’s degree and ideally 3-5 years’ experience in a fundraising environment.
Computer software experience including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Experience with a CRM or donor management systems software is preferred.
Excellent knowledge in business communications and financial management.
Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to act independently and make decisions.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Contact: Jeff Smart, School of Hope Foundation board member, firstname.lastname@example.org